Course: Systematic Theology - The Introduction Series Answer Forms: 1-25 25-50 Essay Form
Book 3: Introduction to Typology and Symbolism Exam Questions
Instructions: As you read, write your answers to the questions below on a separate sheet of paper
When you are ready to submit your answers, click on the 1-50 Answer Form located at the top of this page.
Enter your answers carefully from your sheet of paper to the electronic answer form. Be sure to include your email address, your name and the subject you are submitting answers for.
1. A _______ is a divine illustration of something that is forthcoming.
2. _______are mostly found in the Old Testament, ______the fulfillment, is found in the
a. types, ceremonials, gospels
b. antitypes, types, Pentateuch
c. types, antitypes, New Testament
d. prophecies, antitypes, New Testament
3. One's personal interpretation of types can be viewed as a truth, providing proper analyzing and research.
4. Which statement is true?
I. Types and symbols are one and the same
II. A Type is something that represents something else
III. Symbols can be found in both testaments
IV. A type without an antitype are considered symbolic interpretations
a. All are correct
b. ll, III and IV
c. I, and III
d. III and IV
5. A type can be a person, thing, event and institution only.
6. Types play an important role in Scripture because it links the New Testament with the Old Testament.
7. The Wilderness experience is an example of
a. an event
c. an institution
8. The Paschal lamb is a type of
9. The veil is a type of
10. Which of the following contains an example that is not a type of Christ?
I. Aaron, Lamb, Moses, Rock
II. Ox, Ram, Goat, Brazen Serpent
III. David, A Ark, Incense
IV. Cup, Joshua, Light, Coat of Skins
a. I and II
b. II and III
c. III and IV
d. II and IV
11. Of the many types of Christ, which represent His office as Priest or Ruler?
a. Aaron, Melchizedek, Joshua
b. Aaron, David, Melchizedek
c. David, Aaron, Melchizedek
d. Daniel, Aaron, Adam
12. Which types of Christ represent His role as a sacrifice?
I. goat, lamb, ox
II. ram, Issac
III. lamb, ox, Jacob
IV. coat of skins, lamb, Issac
a. II and III
b. I, II and IV
c. I and II
d. III and IV
13. Which of the following do not represent Christ's righteousness?
14. Which of the following are types of an earthly man?
d. both b and c
15. Which of the following symbolizes confusion?
16. Consolation, blessing, fury and indignation are all kinds of cups that symbolize the righteousness of God.
a. True ]
17. ___________ is not significant of worship and prayer.
18. ___________is a type of God, willing to sacrifice His Son.
19. Anointing oil, Jordan, hyssop and laver all represent sanctification in God?
20. Which of the following are symbols of worldliness?
d. all of the above
21. What is fire symbolic of?
d. Holiness of God
22. The Veil of the Tabernacle was used to obtain direct access to God, and is a type of Christ's human body.
a. True '
23. Water is a symbol of all of the following except:
c. New Life
d. Holy Spirit
24. Which of the following is a symbol of sin?
25. The ________horse is a symbol of great blood shed and destruction, which was prophesied by Christ.
26. The scale is associated with which horse?
27. The - is symbolic of Israel.
a. man child
b. Sunclothed woman
c. white horse rider
28. ____________ pretends to be an advocate for the Jews, and have concern for mankind, but is truly deceitful and cunning.
b. beast out of the earth
c. beast out of the sea
d. man child
29. The antichrist is also known as the beast out of the sea.
30. The "Great Whore" is symbolic of
b. church in a state of apostasy
c. those not included in the 144,000 virgins
d. both a and b
31. Who is the Lamb's wife?
a. gentile church
b. Jewish remnant
c. righteous saints
32. The _____are symbolic of the bowl of God's wrath that will be poured upon the earth.
c. seven vial judgments
d. seven seal book
33. Burnt and meal offerings are the only two classified as sweet savor offerings.
34. What is the flour in a meal offering symbolic of?
c. blamelessness and purity
35. This non-sweet offering was used to atone unintentional and harmful sins.
36. This offering typifies Christ as the substitute that bears the sinners sin and disobedience.
37. Which offering typifies Christ who died for our sins.
38. Which color represents royalty?
39. __________ represents the righteousness of Christ.
a. fine linen
40. The turtledove is symbolic of grief and mourning offered by the poor. They typify
Christ who is our substitute.
41. Which of the following are true regarding the basic Biblical principles of numerology.
I. Use and interpretation of specific numbers maybe found within or outside of the passage of scripture in which they are being used.
II. Implied numbers are more noticeable than specified numbers
III. adding or multiplying numbers alters the intended interpretation
IV. The two ways to interpret numbers are specific and implied
a. All are correct
b. none are completely true
c. I, II and IV
d. IV only
42. Which number is symbolic of heavenly governmental order?
43. The number is symbolic of perfection and completion.
44. Three is the number of the trinity and earth, creation and God's power.
45. Eight is symbolic of the following except:
a. new beginnings
b. resurrection of Christ
46. Which number represents the year of jubilee and liberty?
47. Which brides typify gentiles coming to know Christ?
a. Eve and Rebecca
b. Eve and Asenath
c. Rebecca and Zipporah
d. Asenath and Zipporah
48. Which bride represents the deep love of Christ towards us?
49. Which of the following is not a type of dwelling place of God, found in the Old Testament?
50. God does not dwell in a future place.