Book 2: Introduction to Bible Origin Exam Questions
Instructions: Answer the questions below as you read pages 48-64 on a separate sheet of Paper.
Transfer Your Answers to the Answer Form below and submit. Click on the "Back to Classroom" button for your next exam.
Chapters 5 – 7 Pages 48-64
41) The word testament means
a) section of the Bible
b) covenant or will
42) The New Testament is better than the old because it does not tell of man’s struggle to maintain a spiritual relationship with God.
43) Which of the following statements are true?
I. The same men who wrote the books of the Bible helped to canonize the Bible
II. The formation of the Hebrew Bible can easily be traced through oral accounts
III. The New Testament had many different cannons throughout the centuries before finally arriving at the compilation we have today
IV. The writings of John were the first of the New Testament writings to appear
a) II and III
b) III and IV
c) III only
d) none are true
44) The _____ is one of the oldest translations of the Hebrew Bible.
b) The Targums
45) Today’s most popular Bible translation is the
a) King James Version
b) New International Version
c) The Bishop’s Bible
d) American Standard Version
46) Many New Testament Scriptures were written on
47) Which people were the first to use paper?
48) Using a dictionary or Bible commentary to interpret a passage of scripture would be an example of
a) Principal Context
b) Near Context
c) Remote Context
d) Application Context
49) Discontinuity in Scripture is more common in the New Testament rather than the Old Testament.
50. Archaeology is a vital tool in proving the authority and accuracy of the events in the Bible.